If you’re considering remodeling your kitchen and there are children in the family you may want to consider these kid friendly features:
- Round edge details. When you choose your counter top surface, you’ll have plenty of options for the counter top slab edge details. We recommend using a style with a rounded edge, which is much more forgiving on heads that bump against them.
- Hygienic options. Kids spill and drop- and in a busy family kitchen, Quartz and Corian are excellent counter top solutions because they’re virtually indestructible, easy to clean, maintain and are hygienic.
- Lowered countertop heights. Consider lowering a section of countertop to a child-friendly height. By having a kitchen surface well within their reach, children can safely prepare their own food without stretching or standing on other furniture – making them more accident prone.
- Touch-free faucets. Kids have a hard time turning faucets on and off, and can accidentally kick on water hot enough to scald. Touch-free faucets are the solution and can be pre-set to a safe “start temperature” that can be changed once the faucet is on and running.
- Kid-friendly storage. Dedicate a drawer and/or cabinet in the under-cabinet section and organize it with kid’s plates, bowls, cups, and utensils, as well as some of their favorite snack items. Refrigerator drawers can be great for this too. That way, kids have everything they need at a safe level.
If you are looking to remodel the kitchen and you need some kid friendly features, the team at Today’s Designer Kitchens have lots of experience finding the perfect balance of form and function for any busy family.
Contact us in the Niagara Region M-F 10 am-5 pm: 905-641-2284 OR